Buscar este blog

lunes, 25 de junio de 2018

The Simple Summer Life ♥

What do you so if you are a Stay at Home Mom with 3 very active little girls on vacation and you life 15 minutes away from the beach?
Well, yes, you guessted it: you practicaly live in the sand and the ocean!
We are blessed living in this peninsula that gives us the opportunity to drive to the chesapeake bay and enjoy a quite afternoon in the beach.
It was a beautiful June Thursday, no many people were there and here we are my 3 little girls and I while daddy is still at work, just grabbed our towels, sandals and sun lotion and went off the beach.
Now let e tell you, I grew up in a beach city in Perú so I am very used to lay all day in the sand and catch some waves, but I never did that as a mom, and when I got my first daughter I felt overwhelmed with all the things I had to get ready to be with her at the beach, so it became work to be there, and at many times I told myself it will be so much stress that I just wont do it if I am by myself, I need my husband to be with me to help with the arsenal of toys and food, and all the things we take there...This time I left behind my usual huge rolling beach bag full of snacks and beach toys, floaties and many many change of clothes, and told myself: Let's go just to play for an hour or two!
I told the girls, if we want to go to the beach let's just jump in the car with our towels, sunscreen and let's go!

I was scare at first, because I usually think we "NEED" all this stuff, but I was happily surprised to see how much fun they get when they can let their imagination (and some sea shells) help them discover the nature.
By far one of my best times at the beach with the girls, and now I have 3, so it was truly amazing to watch them play and enjoy themselves without electronics or expensive toys (that they will probably brake in minutes). Usually is work, work, work, work... making them eat, and fighting over floaties, etc etc, but this time was, really fun.
They run and lay in the sand making mermaids with it and they even let mommy catch some sun while watch them play and I took hundreds of pictures of you girls (and me :)) 
So if I can give a little advice to moms trying to figure it out how to make a beach trip less stressful, this will be my advice: "Don't take to much crap with you"! 
Let your little ones discover and play with their imagination in the water and sun!
It was so fun and I'm looking forward to come back with the same strategy at least once or twice a week! 
It is possible to enjoy life while yo manage a house and kids, it is a lot of work but I made a promise to myself that it will be fun and worth of so many memories for them and for me.




















No hay comentarios: