Buscar este blog

jueves, 16 de agosto de 2018

The little things ♥


Hey loves, hello again and thanks for coming to read my little blog, 
I am happy and excited to share with you this adorable dress.
Is from TOPSHOP and one of my favorites for the summer/beach, 
it is also a cute little piece that reminds me of my grandmothers.
I grew up in Perú, like you may know already, I come from 
the mix of 2 different families: 
One is from the North the other one from the South.
One of my grandmas was a single mom raising her 5 children; working 
day and night; glued to her old fashion sewing machine, she was the tailor of 
this small West Coast town in Perú.
The other side of me comes from one Musician Dad (saxophone player)  and a housewife mom with magic in her hands for cooking amazing dishes twice a day and also sewing but just for her 5 little girls (my mom was the little one)
Fate made my parents meet in the 1980's and fate made them have me and my little brother.
Fate also gave both my grandmothers the same name: "Natalia" and yes, you guessed, 
that is where I got my name from.
So these "Natalias" had both made a huge impact on my life not just because they gave me my name, but because they both used to dress me every time I would come over their house, I bet me and my cousins were the best-dressed kids in the town, having a grandma that is a designer we would have any clothes we wanted in no time and specially tailored for us.
One of my favorite pieces would always be the ones that were hand embroidered by them, they were real artists at doing this, We had at home not just embroidered clothes but napkins, table clothes, dish clothes, bed sheets, pillows, curtains.... you name it; even our "bread bag" was embroidered (this one by me) because yes, I learned to embroider by hand too and my first piece or work was my 
"Bread bag", back then we would go to the bakery and ordered our bread fresh from the oven and put them  inside your own "Fabric Self-embroidered Bred Bag", now 
I called that "green safe environment" 
Everything back then had so much love putten into. It was all about the little things.
So fast forward 2018 I looked at this pieces at the stores and I feel immediately drawn to them, is something about it that speaks home to me, speaks love from a grandma to her grandchildren, speaks details and beauty, I can't tell you how much I love seeing little dresses and pieces that remind me of the hands of these 2 women that gave me so much while I was a kid, I learned because of them to love and appreciate the details and effort to put in your job and I learned too, 
to love the little things that are made with great love.

Xo. Natalia.


Get the Look:

Topshop dress: Sold out
But similar dresses herehereherehere and here
Sunglasses: Get them here
Zara Bag: Sold out, similar here and here
 Hat: Get it herehere and here








No hay comentarios: