Buscar este blog

martes, 18 de diciembre de 2018

Christmas home - House Tour



Hey loves, Welcome to my house!
 I especially love it during the Holidays, thru the years, I got to collect a few simple, inexpensive but cute and significant decor pieces here and there that have helped me get my home cozy and happy for the season.
Let me open the doors of my little but warm "home sweet home" to you and show you around, 
(I will try to link as much as pieces possible here.).
Let's go...


My Door has a simple Christmas wreath that I got years back from Target and last year I added this "JOY" sign that I found it at the dollar spot there as well, my all seasons Home doormat is from Target too.



on my stairs, I always love to hang and wrap around Plain Christmas garland from Walmart and battery lights from Target look beautiful at night time!



On top of my pantry door in the kitchen, I placed a  Plain Christmas garland from Walmart wrapped with my "Home Theme" for this year: Buffalo Plaid Ribbon from Michael's.


Right in my kitchen, I decided to add a simple DIY that I saw in Pinterest, so, these adorable mini Christmas wreath that is hanging over all the Cabinets doors! They were really easy to make... 



Every single cabinet door has one little DIY Christmas wreath!


I have a beautiful Bay window in my kitchen and I love to hang in there a sign or garland depending on the season, this time I found this "Believe" sign at the dollar spot in Target, similar here and here
My kitchen table has a Buffalo Plaid plastic tablecloth from Walmart a very useful thing to have in the kitchen especially around little ones! 


Like I was saying some garland pieces here and there around your home, add some Christmas print and cute Hot cocoa mugs (similar here, here and here)  and you automatically have the Christmas spirit in your kitchen!


Here is my "Cabinettes Door Christmas DIY"

You'll need:

-Scissors
-measuring tape
-and some tacks 

How to make them:
 First, you will need to measure how long you want the ribbon to hang of your cabinets doors, then how big your wreath you wish them to be, make a sample of them and then start cutting accordingly.

Once you have everything cut you can start assembling them, make the circles with your garland by crossing the wires together making sure they are well secured, then wrap the end of the ribbon on the wreath and make a nod secure enough to keep it in place, when you have this ready you can attach the  ribbon to the back of your cabinets doors with the tacks making sure they are centered...
 And that's it! You have a super cute decor for your kitchen!   


TA-DA!


I really think this gave my kitchen a whole new look and I love it! 


Let's get into my dining room and living room...


We have this Black oval table with 6 chairs similar to this one, I love the color contrast with the off-white walls so I try to keep the table without a tablecloth and for one of the walls I found these Circle mirrors set from Walmart and on the other side of the wall I wanted a simple "bar" that I made by using this White wall shelf from Ikea, a few accessories to the shelf some more Christmas garlands and lights and that is all that is going on on my little dining are...


On my dining table some Buffalo Checkers napkins from WalmartBuffalo Plaid paper plates from Walmart, on top of these Gold round plates from Michael's on these rustic Ikea placemats and my cute Table runner from Walmart complete the look for my festive table.


Also for the Holidays, I got this "Merry Christmas" banner from Target, we had a kid's Christmas pajama party the other day and the banner was a must!


and before we move on out of the dining room this is probably my favorite part here: 
my "Buffet table"
Depending on the time, this little white console table from Ikea dresses accordingly! 
Now I have these adorable 2018 Nutcracker Boy and 2018 nutcracker ballerina both from Target, Alexa is always there, my handy dandy juicer dispenser (plastic-kid friendly) on a metal cake stand and some candy containers.
On the little adjustable shelves I usually keep my napkins and other table supplies and on the bottom, I have some appliances.


And this Christmas my new baby is the Galvanized Three Tier Tray
I saw this baby everywhere on Instagram and Pinterest, and I agree why is so 
cute and useful, I am using it as a hot cocoa station, here is what I have in it:

-Christmas bowl set, similar here and here
-Hot cocoa mugs (similar herehere and here)

-mini ceramic houses here and here
-A mason jar with cocoa powder and marshmallows
a few glass-milk jars as containers for candy canes and chocolates
Our Elf on the shelf likes to live in here! 

It doesn't get any more Christmassy than that! :)



Moving on into my living room and piano area, here is where our Christmas tree is, I love the idea of a tree next to a window, so here is where ours is, next to the adorable french doors that go to our deck, next to it is our beloved Yamaha piano, I don't play much, but my husband spends quite a lot of time with her "second wife" as I called her. She is a beauty, I'm not even jealous anymore!
Our Christmas tree is decorated it now with some pinky-ish and gold ornaments for the most part (but there are some red and green Pre-kinder made ornaments from my girls here and there) the tree top is my favorite because it belonged to my mom, is a Mickey mouse electric Santa, it doesn't work anymore but is standing there at the loop looking handsome and adorable as I remember him from when I was a little girl!
I have a couple of Wreaths on the doors and in this area is our Ikea black and white rug similar here and here that to me makes a big statement in our home.



My husband's "second wife" is also looking festive this year...


On top of this baby I have placed some Mini Christmas trees from Target, some adorable mini ceramic houses (Similar here and here) that I got from Target and have even tea lights inside! a couple of old Spanish comic books, another green wreath, and more white lights!



Moving on into the living room I have this old sectional sofa for years, I use to love him but now after 3 kids this poor baby has seen more damage than anybody here! is a goner soon, but for now, he is still holding all of us while we watch the Christmas movies these days! To make him a little festive I added a few Target Buffalo Plaid accent pillows next to my black and white IKEA pillows and I think that gave him some festive look!


Our stockings are from "Five Below" from last year (sold out) but Target still has some similar ones, each one has our initial names in them!



BElow our TV I have a Target Christmas garland that adds some Christmas colors to it.
  

and on my coffee table, I put together some Mini Christmas balls from Target and this Lantern from Ikea on a wood tray, some books a candle and That's our Christmas table of this year!


I love to add a mistletoe (kind off) hanging on a mirror!


and since I have many random Christmas ornaments I try to keep them here on a metal basket with the "JOY" sign in it.


♥♥


My bedroom got some joy too, just added a Christmas pillow (similar here) a garland on top of the headboard and I think that did the trick!


Our guest bathroom is simple but cute a Christmas tree soap dispenser and some Christmas towels! 



and last but not least I have a snowman inflatable outside on our yard with a Christmas tree lights!


I can't forget the reason for Christmas, and although I am not too faithfull, I try to tell my girls whose birthday is it? 
I don't own a Nativity (last one broke on moving) but I got an idea!
My girls know that our little Ikea kids easel always has an important message depending on the circumstances, so this time our nativity is there, representing to the Birthday boy! 

On the 24th at 12 o' clock I will make sure we can come over to adore him.

I hope you liked my home our for the holidays, I hope it can give you some ideas for this or next year, and especially I wish for you and your family a very merry Christmas!
 Xo: Natalia.


No hay comentarios: