Buscar este blog

jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2015

"Tutu cute" - Birthday for Stella ♥

I believe in pink, I believe in Gold Spray, I believe in tul for tutus and balloons, I believe in fresh flowers, fruits and whipped cream, I believe in chocolate and laze....
So I made a party out of my believes!
My adorable Stella turned 2, as much as try to convince myself that I cam't throw another party for my girls (done 7 for Sophia and 2 now for Stella plus a 100th day celebration for V) is just impossible to contain myself and stopped me from throwing a little birthday celebration, so last weekend was my second daughter's second birthday; the big and number 2! The terrible 2's!
I saw online somewhere this idea of 2's and tutus, so that's what I did...
Stella's Terrible 2Tutus Birthday Party.
I can say I got impressed with myself for all that I got accomplished with literally no help and while being with my 3 daughters, there were crazy days but totally worth it. (I'm sure I'll go thru this again and again)
Here I'll share with you guys some of the details and things I came out with for my baby's celebrations. I will post them in different posts so this one is not so huge!

Let me know if you would like to see something in more detail so I will try to come up with a video tutorial or something like that!
Thanks for coming!
"The Tutus" 

Duhh... of course; "Terrible 2Tus Party" 
gotta be Tutus!


Non-Sew Tutus there are so many great tutorials out there, I saw a couple of them and got the idea, but I didn't use an elastic band, instead I simply used a ribbons and I followed he steps to create my little tutus, the idea behind the ribbon for me was that I wanted the girls be able to adjust them to their own waist.
You will need fabric or tul cuted into stripes all in the same length, I used about 30-50 stripes of tul per tutu (for girls of 2-7 years old) I used my daughters as models to for the right length. Once you have them all is time to start NOT sewing them!


1- I used my legs as support for the ribbon, I tied around my legs to mimic a circle.
Part the tul in half and hold it from one end...



2- Use your finger to help you looping the tul to the opposite direction, make sure you do all the looping job in the same direction.


3- And pull, you will create a little knot around the ribbon, and your tutu will star forming


It'l start looking like this, then just keep going until you get the volume you wish.




Done!
I did about 8 tutus in 2 nights. and then I used a little chalkboard tags for the names of each girl.



and I hanged them around the wall for decoration until I gave them to the girls.



 Ta-daa!!! 

Oh, and here is a bonus!
I got one of the tutus and placed it on my Desert Table wall!



:)

xoxo Natalia.


No hay comentarios: